$18.00/hr. The job will be for 4 months and end in January 2020.
The Mail Clerk position requires comprehensive working knowledge of customer service concepts, practices, and procedures. This position is accountable for processing of various back office tasks, related to incoming/outgoing mail.
Essential Functions (fundamental, crucial job duties performed in a position. include how the person is to perform them including frequency of tasks)
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail, NOCPS, customer disputes, and faxes; operates equipment including but not limited to envelope cutter, scanners, and printers.
- Handles Returned Checks and passes following security guide lines.
- Must be able to work in a group environment. Must be able to comprehend verbal and written directions as defined in Standard Operating Procedures.
- Must have flexible scheduling to work occasional Saturday shifts or early evenings up to 7pm.
- Effectively communicate via written, verbal, and electronic correspondence.
- Must follow all established business rules, common practices, and customer security measures.
- Effectively perform Nixies, and Account Maintenance to customer accounts or VPS profile; included by not limited to commenting all accessed accounts leaving clear and concise comments.
- Efficiently perform batching and use a 10-key adding machine.
- Process written customer Disputes; including but not limited to reviewing customer submitted evidence such as Bill of Sales, Police Reports, and Death Certificates.
- Records individual completed daily work statistics.
- Helps other departments with their tasks as needed.
Physical Demands (like bending, sitting, kneeling, lifting, driving etc.)
- The ability to sit or stand for periods up to 4 hours.
- The ability to lift up to 20 pounds.