The Service Specialist works in the Service Support Department and reports to the Service Support / Walk-In Center leads. Their customer service is provided through e-mail inquiries and incoming Toll Bill disputes. They also assists the CSR’s on the floor with problem resolution to the more complex customer issues such as account merges, credits, debits, misapplied payment searches, refunds and toll rate adjustments. In addition, Service Support is involved in Commercial Services assistance, as well as research for WSDOT clients. During meetings in which managers, supervisors and leads have to leave the floor, Service Specialists are given the responsibility to watch over the Call Center. Other responsibilities could also include assisting with Help Desk duties, image review, Language Line and other special projects.
Essential Functions (fundamental, crucial job duties performed in a position. include how the person is to perform them including frequency of tasks)
This position includes the following duties. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Provide call handling support to our Front Line staff with complex issues.
- Take over the calls involving a Commercial Services customer with 10+ Toll Bills, allowing the CSR to return to production in the main queue.
- Read and respond to customer requests via Moxie email management system.
- Troubleshoots situations accurately, quickly and efficiently for customers either on the phone or through e-mails.
- Provide consistent operational knowledge in procedure and policy to effectively resolve complex customer-related issues via phone and email.
- Complete all work in accordance with established SOP’s.
- Complete any customer-related issue that requires extensive research.
- Performs data entry.
- Track inbound Help Desk calls to determine training opportunities and coaching needs.
- Conduct outbound calls for customer follow-up.
- Maintenance to and repairing customer accounts, including customers’ monies and the reconciliation of those funds.
- Quick learning skills, with the ability and flexibility to perform as a universal CSR.
- Patience in researching and correcting human and system errors.
- Temporary take on Call Center Lead duties during leadership meetings.
- Maintains an above average attendance record