Works independently under general direction of ETC Sr. Technology Manager or DBA Team Lead; expected to work as part of a team on a daily basis; possesses the ability to build consensus among team members; is highly organized; is able to communicate regularly on project and task progress; responsible for resolving issues in a timely manner; must possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As part of the dedicated support team, the candidate will administer database servers (e.g. Oracle), support approved activities, and perform all duties related to on-going operations of the database infrastructure running on Windows or Linux operating systems. Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Database and application troubleshooting, installation, upgrades, backup/restore, configuration and performance tuning, scripting, and producing documentation
- Maintain production databases by participating in a 24/7 on-call rotation
- Work closely with Support and Development Teams to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Partner with development and configuration management teams to implement system changes throughout development life cycle and across client non-production systems.
- Provide development support and applications implementation
- Setting up and maintaining standby and secondary environments for high-availability
The candidate will be responsible for leading and/or assisting in the operation of systems on a program, identification, investigation, and resolution of system performance and application data issues and provide root cause analysis. Candidate will lead and/or assist in overseeing system backups and restore processes to ensure data integrity; Database backup and recovery using RMAN and operating system file backup; Understanding of SAN/NAS systems; Strong problem solving skills; Good communication (both verbal and written) skills.