Under general direction, debugs complex software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply and maintain quality standards for company products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position includes the following duties. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Develops, publishes and implements test plans.
- Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates business systems and user needs.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- Consults with development staff in resolution of problems. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel.
- Maintains documentation of test results and execution.
- Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action.
- Relies on prior experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- May provide assistance for consultation on complex projects and is considered to be a valuable and knowledgeable contributor/specialist.
- Assists with development of quality assurance standards.
- Code, maintain and execute automated test scripts. May also be required to design automated test scripts based on the project.
- Assist with preparing reports and documentation updates.
- Must work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to design and document test strategy for complex projects