The Call Center Lead’s primary responsibility is to assist the Call Center Leadership team in overseeing the call center floor to ensure employees on the floor as well as customers have a positive experience. The Lead will assist in aspects of floor operation focusing primarily on the areas of customer engagement, assisting with escalated calls and handling routine questions.
- Demonstrates a thorough, holistic understanding of the brand and service delivery requirements.
- Consistently treats everyone with respect and contributes to a positive work environment.
- Displays a “customer assistant” mindset at all times; does not leave the customer with anything to do, as applicable
- Has the ability to do what’s right, by balancing policies and guidelines with an in-service mindset.
- Looks for ways to create an environment that welcomes innovation and values each employee’s unique ideas and contributions.
- Connects with customers by asking appropriate questions to assess the customer’s need and makes relevant suggestions for resolution.
- Stays current on all products and business rules, SOPs etc.; demonstrates the ability to communicate benefits and educates customers to build customer knowledge and confidence with products and services.
- Leads by example; mentors and influences others. Sets examples by role modeling great customer service.
- Ensures that team members and one-self uphold service standards.
- Handles complex customer situations in compliance with policies and procedures; escalates issues as appropriate.
- Monitors floor coverage and zoning for the day.
- Ensures company standards of neat, clean and organized call center floor is met at all times.
- Demonstrates ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees and customers.
- Demonstrates ability to accept feedback and take action when appropriate.
- Must have excellent attendance.
Competencies (knowledge, skills and abilities the person needs to do the job)
- Ability to maneuver around call center floor for extended periods of time
- Open availability and flexibility to work various shifts (or as needed)
- Demonstrated ability to handle escalated calls with calm and professional demeanor
Work Environment (outside, indoors, noise level, lighting or other work conditions)
Walking and/or sitting for extended periods of time