Works independently under general direction of the Corporate Lead Database Administrator; able to demonstrate technical experience with recent hands-on capabilities and strong problem solving skills; is detail oriented and highly organized; is able to communicate regularly on project and task progress; responsible for resolving issues in a timely manner; must possess basic communication skills both written and verbal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As part of the dedicated support team, the candidate will administer database and application systems (e.g. Oracle RDBMS, Oracle WebLogic, Oracle Application Server), and perform all duties related to on-going operations of the database infrastructure running on Windows or Linux operating systems. Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Review, Tune, and Improve Existing Oracle CDC-based Data Warehouse Systems
- Convert Oracle CDC-based Change Capture into Oracle Golden Gate Change Capture
- Develop and Support Data Warehouse ETL and Data Mart Operations
- Build and Configure Data Warehouse Environments to include Production
- Support Disaster Recovery Planning and Testing
- Participate in team meetings and training as required.
- Capacity to embrace change and quickly adapt to new situations, changes in direction, and altering priorities
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking, providing options, recommendations, and additional actions relating to resolving issues, mitigating risks, and resolving escalated items
- Must understand java runtime concepts such as heap memory, thread dumps, garbage collection, etc.
- Investigate and troubleshoot tickets by querying database and viewing server logs
- Able to produce statistical data/charts/graphs
- Identify issue trends and develop ways to prevent future occurrences
- Strong experience working with Java based web servers and applications required
- Experience working with Linux environments required
Ability to distinguish between critical and non-critical issues; strong problem solving skills.