The HR Generalist performs duties at a professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: recruitment, training, employment, benefits and personnel administration, employee relations and workplace risk management. The HR Generalist will report to the HR Manager and support the onsite call center and professional employees.
Essential Functions (fundamental, crucial job duties performed in a position. include how the person is to perform them including frequency of tasks)
This position includes but not limited to the following functions:
- Responsible for recruiting both exempt and non-exempt positions
- Create offers of employment and coordinate background screening processes
- Generate adverse action notices as applicable
- Track candidate data and flow through ATS
- Create and update recruiting reports as needed
- Attend job fairs as needed
- Benefits Management
- Communicate employee benefits processes (new hire and open enrollment periods)
- Review and approve updates made by employees in HRIS to include new enrollment, QLE and terminations
- Assist in coordination of leaves of absence
- Liaison with payroll team as needed for benefit issues
- Work closely with payroll team, and benefit vendors in regards to employee claims and records management
- Personnel Administration
- Perform new Hire Orientations, including new hire paperwork, employment eligibility (E-Verify) etc.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date employee files, including I-9’s and W-4’s
- Perform routine data entry into HRIS, including hires, termination, status changes, transfers and promotions
- Ensure accuracy of electronic data in HRIS system
- Keep job descriptions compliant and up to date
- Coordinate company activities, recognition plans, and Birthdays/Anniversaries
- Monitor employee performance evaluations and ensures they are completed in a timely manner (60 day and annual reviews)
- Monitor points per the attendance policy and provides coaching as necessary
- Update employee schedules when applicable
- Perform quarterly random drug testing
- Employee Relations
- Ensure consistent policy/procedure adherence within project and across company departments
- Address employee concerns and work with management to resolve issues
- Coach, counsel, and guide supervisors and managers before executing employee disciplinary actions
- Assist in company policy updates such as the Employee Handbook
- Perform exit interviews
- Conduct employee investigations
- Risk Mitigation
- Ensure compliance with EEO, FLSA, ADA and other applicable federal, state and local employment laws, including updating applicable federal and state postings
- Represent Company in Unemployment and Workers Compensation matters
- Manage record keeping and maintenance of employee accident files
- Other related duties as required and assigned.
- Demonstrate a regular and predictable attendance for assigned shift.
Competencies (knowledge, skills and abilities the person needs to do the job)
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Technical aptitude to generate ad hoc reporting utilizing HRIS software as well as MS Office products
- Perceptive and capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization